Sunday, September 15, 2013

Should be Automatic


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 150. Here is what I learned.


Praise the Lord., Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with timbrel and dancing, praise him with the strings and pipe,
praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord. Psalm 150 (NIV)

This is my weekend at Chicagoland Speedway. As during any great time, it’s easy to praise the Lord. When there’s excitement, joy, fun, etc. praise is almost automatic. 

Right now, you might say that I’m on the mountain top. I’m enjoying spending time at the Track and all the extra blessings that God continues to provide each day. Oh, yes, my pain level is high, but I’m enjoying the experience of meeting people and seeing the cars on the track. 

The foundation of praising God, however, is not to be based on if I’m having a good time, or enjoying the situation I find myself. For when the excitement of this race experience fads, and the pain continues, God is still worthy of praise. I’m not to praise God only in exchange for “good times” or “gifts”. Rather, I’m to praise God because of Who He is. 
It’s very easy to praise God when I’m having fun. But it’s more important to praise God no matter my situation or circumstance. Praising God should be automatic each and every day. 

To create a positive day, it must include praise to God, simply because of Who He is, and that praise should be automatic out of a heart of thankfulness and awe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment