Monday, September 16, 2013

Even if He Sends Rain


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 8. Here is what I learned.


When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place. Psalm 8:3 (NIV)

I look up at your macro-skies, dark and enormous, your handmade sky-jewelry, Moon and stars mounted in their settings. Psalm 8:3 (MSG)

Woke up this morning to rain. Not the best weather for enjoying a Race. But as I read Psalm 8, I was reminded that I can’t control the weather—only God can do that! So, I figured God can still create an enjoyable day for me.... even in the rain.  Little did I realize what an awesome gift God was giving me.... BECAUSE of the rain! 

I arrived at Chicagoland Speedway, and it was raining. No thunder or lightening, just rain. I relaxed in the car until the rain let up then went to explore. I was able to talk with an old friend, who was working at the track as a volunteer!  That was really nice. 

Was able to enjoy some of the Chapel Service and get an autograph from Michael McDowell at the K-Love booth.  The rain continued off and on, mostly just a few drops now and then. Nothing heavy. 

I was given an Infield Pass, and was able to join the Air Force at the Infield Stage for the Swearing in Ceremony. As we waited for the Ceremony... the rain started again. And that rain, made the NASCAR people to change the order of events. They decided to introduce the Drivers, BEFORE the Swearing In Ceremony. So, I was able to enjoy the Driver Introductions, from the bottom of the Stage! I couldn’t get any closer! That was a great treat.... and all possible, because of a little rain. 

Today, I was reminded again, that God does things with specific purposes. Today, He used rain to add to my blessings. And I have to say that getting wet, was worth it. 

To create a positive day, I must remember that God is ultimately in control, and even if He sends rain, He has a very good reason! 

No comments:

Post a Comment