Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pre-determined Responses

This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 28. Here is what I learned.


Unto You do I cry, O Lord my Rock, be not deaf and silent to me, lest, if You be silent to me, I become like those going down to the pit [the grave]. Psalm 28:1 (AMP)

Don’t turn a deaf ear when I call you, God. If all I get from you is deafening silence, I’d be better off in the Black Hole. Psalm 28:1 (MSG)

When I pray do I turn off my ears? Think about it. How often do we ask God for something, but we have a pre-determined response which we want. And if we don’t get the specific response, we figure that God didn’t hear us. So we repeat the request over and over.... waiting for our pre-determined response. 

Yet, God hasn’t turned a deaf ear to us.... rather we have “turned off our ears” to hearing and receiving the response that God has chosen as the best. 
“The whole meaning of prayer is that we may know God.” Oswald Chambers
When I change my prayers from “all about me” to “all about God”, then my pre-determined responses are discarded and I’m open to receiving God’s amazing blessings that will accomplish His will and purpose. 

“I want to tell you a growing conviction with me, and that is that as we obey the leadings of the Spirit of God, we enable God to answer the prayers of other people. I mean that our lives, my life, is the answer to someone’s prayer, prayed perhaps centuries ago.
It is more and more impossible to me to have programmes and plans because God alone has the plan, and our plans are only apt to hinder Him, and make it necessary for Him to break them up. I have the unspeakable knowledge that my life is the answer to prayers, and that God is blessing me and making me a blessing entirely of His sovereign grace and nothing to do with my merits, saving as I am bold enough to trust His leading and not the dictates of my own wisdom and common sense.” Oswald Chambers

To create a positive day, I need to discard my pre-determined responses and listen to God as He responds to my prayers... and changes me and my heart to accomplish His will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment