Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Good Description?


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 15. Here is what I learned.

Who despises a vile person but honors those who fear the Lord; who keeps an oath even when it hurts  and does not change their mind. Psalm 15:4 (NIV)

In whose eyes a vile person is despised, but he who honors those who fear the Lord (who revere and worship Him); who swears to his own hurt and does not change. Psalm 15:4 (AMP)

On April 19, 2013, I wrote about “Lionize” Lionize.
Lionization: to treat a person as a celebrity; to pursue celebrities or seek their company; to visit or exhibit the objects of interest of.I like that word, lionize. I’m to lionize those that fear God.

As I read Psalm 15 today, I started wondering could the description, “those who fear the Lord” apply to me? 

Do I fear God in private? Do I fear God in public? Do I fear God when I’m with friends? 

What does it mean to “fear God”? Revere and worship Him. Respect Who God is and be in awe of Him. 

If I’m fearing God, holding Him in high esteem and respecting Him, than it should be evident in my words, actions, attitude. Fearing God should have an impact in my life. 

To create a positive day, I must ask myself the question, “One who fears God—is that a good description of me?”

No comments:

Post a Comment