Friday, April 19, 2013

Lionize



This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 15. Here is what I learned.


In whose eyes a vile person is despised, but he who honors those who fear the Lord (who revere and worship Him); who swears to his own hurt and does not change. Psalm 15:4 (AMP)

The one who despises those rejected by God but honors those who fear the Lord. The one who makes a promise and does not break it, even though he is hurt by it. Psalm 15:4 (GW)

But he honoreth them that fear the Lord - No matter in what rank or condition of life they may be found. Where there is true piety he honors it. He is willing to be known as one that honors it, and is willing to bear all the reproach that may be connected with such a deeply cherished respect, and with such an avowal. Barnes' Notes on the Bible

Honor: Respect: account, adoration, adulation, aggrandizement, attention, celebration, confidence, consideration, credit, dignity, distinction, elevation, esteem, exaltation, faith, fame, fealty, glorification, glory, greatness, high standing, homage, immortalization, laud, lionization, notice, obeisance, popularity, praise, prestige, rank, recognition, renown, reputation, reverence, tribute, trust, worship.

Lionize. Lionization: to treat a person as a celebrity; to pursue celebrities or seek their company; to visit or exhibit the objects of interest of.

I like that word, lionize. I’m to lionize those that fear God. I’m so very thankful that God has introduced me to some amazing people who fear and serve the Lord. Each of those individuals has helped me grow in my knowledge of God and have been key in “keeping me on track” in my life. 

Take a moment and think of the individuals in your life that make them worthy of lionization because of their fear of God. Now take another moment to thank them and let them know you appreciate their example of living a life obeying and loving God. 

To create a positive day, I first need to lionize those in my life who are fearing God, then I need to do some work in my own life, to make sure I’m honoring and fearing God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment