Monday, April 15, 2013

Investigate

This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 8. Here is what I learned.

When I view and consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained and established. Psalm 8:3 (AMP)

When I gaze to the skies and meditate on Your creation—on the moon, stars, and all You have made. Psalm 8:3 (VOICE)

Consider: A primitive root; to see, literally or figuratively; advise self, appear, approve, behold, consider, discern, (make to) enjoy, have experience, gaze, take heed, look (on, one another, one on another, one upon another, out, up, upon), mark, meet, perceive, present, regard, (have) respect, spy, stare,think, view.

Investigate (verb) 
1. to examine, study, or inquire into systematically; search or examine into the particulars of; examine in detail.
2. to search out and examine the particulars of in an attempt to learn the facts about something hidden, unique, or complex.

I like mysteries and crime shows. I like to search for the answers and the whys, hows, etc. Investigation intrigues me. In Psalm 8:3 I am to consider, study,  investigate the sky, the Heavens, the stars, the moon, etc. NOT to worship them, but rather see God’s handiwork. Creation in and of itself shows the power, majesty, and vastness of God. As I investigate the things God created, it allows me to gain a greater insight into just how awesome God really is. 

Take our Earth for example. God tilted it at just the precise angle so that it gives us the Seasons. And that fulfills a promise in Genesis 8:22, As long as the earth endures, nothing will put a stop to planting and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night. (VOICE)

God in His infinite wisdom created our universe, and beyond with specific, intricate details so that everything works in accordance to His plan. He tilted the earth, so that we’d have Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. He made sure the Earth was positioned close enough to the sun to get heat, but just far enough away so that we would not “burn up”. 

Investigate what God has made and learn of the power, majesty and awesomeness of God almighty. To create a positive day, I only need to investigate God’s creation, for it clearly demonstrates God’s ability, authority and sovereignty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment