Sunday, April 21, 2013

Determined Action



This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 27. Here is what I learned.

And now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies round about me; in His tent I will offer sacrifices and shouting of joy; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord. Psalm 27:6 (AMP)


God holds me head and shoulders above all who try to pull me down. I’m headed for his place to offer anthems that will raise the roof! Already I’m singing God-songs; I’m making music to God. Psalm 27:6 (MSG)

As I read Psalm 27:6 this morning, I couldn’t help but think of the videos I’ve seen in Boston after the it was announced that the second person responsible for the Boston marathon bombing was captured. The streets were lined with people shouting, clapping, and singing our National Anthem. It was a joyous occasion, and the joy could not be contained. 

That is an example of what Psalm 27:6 is describing.... I should be breaking forth with shouting, singing, to the Lord for His deliverance, protection, and love. 

Sacrifices and shouting of joy. Offering anthems that will raise the roof! Why am I so silent and quiet when it comes to praising God and displaying my joy? 

I will offer sacrifices and shouting of joy... to the Lord! This a determined action.. I WILL. And if I take time to consider how GREAT God is... and the GREAT things He has done... a natural reaction will be to want to SHOUT and raise the roof of joy to the Lord. 

To create a positive day, I must make a determined action to offer my sacrifice of shouts of joy to the Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment