Monday, April 22, 2013

More Apt



This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 28. Here is what I learned.

Because they regard not the works of the Lord nor the operations of His hands, He will break them down and not rebuild them. Psalm 28:5 (AMP)

Because these are people who have no respect for You, O Eternal, they ignore everything You have done. So He will tear them down with His powerful hands; never will they be built again. Psalm 28:5 (VOICE)

Because they have no idea how God works or what he is up to, God will smash them to smithereens and walk away from the ruins. Psalm 28:5 (MSG)

Regard: verb
1. to look upon or think of with a particular feeling: to regard a person with favor.
2. to have or show respect or concern for.
3. to think highly of; esteem.
4. to take into account; consider.
5. to look at; observe.

How often do I ignore what God is doing? Worst yet, how often do I ignore God altogether? That may seem like a harsh statement. But think about it. Each time I don’t trust God in what He is doing, each time I sin, each time I don’t give God glory...... each time..... ignoring God has consequences. 

Instead of ignoring God, I am to consider, contemplate, take notice. I’m to have respect for Him and what He is doing. If I’m respecting God and what He is doing, I am more apt to resist temptation to sin, I am more apt to trust God in all situations, and I’m more apt to give Him glory.

Ignore God or contemplate God. Both have consequences. Both will have an impact in my life. Both will cause me to react to my circumstances. The choice comes down to which consequence, impact and reaction do I want? I’d have to say that I’m more apt to be happier with the consequences, impact and reaction resulting from contemplating God! 

More apt...a tendency toward contemplating God will result in trusting, obeying, and rejoicing in who God is and what He is doing. 

To create a positive day, I need to make sure I’m “more apt” to contemplate God and what He is doing

No comments:

Post a Comment