Saturday, August 24, 2013

Won the Prize


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 57. Here is what I learned.

He will send from heaven and save me from the slanders and reproaches of him who would trample me down or swallow me up, and He will put him to shame. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! God will send forth His mercy and loving-kindness and His truth and faithfulness. Psalm 57:3 (AMP)

He sends help from heaven and ·saves me [gives me victory]. He ·punishes [reproaches; scorns] those who ·chase [trample on; hound; snap at] me. ·Selah [Interlude] God sends me his ·love [loyalty] and ·truth [faithfulness]. Psalm 57:3 (EXB)

As I read Psalm 57:3, I immediately thought of a “deluge of blessings” send directly from Heaven! I was  overwhelmed by the fact that God will send His mercy, loving-kindness, truth, and faithfulness. I can be the recipient of God’s blessings! 

This past week, I won a gift card to a local mall. The gift card was waiting on the mall for me to pick i up. Now, if I didn’t go pick it up, I would have lost the benefits of the prize. Winning a prize is always fun and enjoyable, but getting the prize and taking full advantage of the prize is even MORE enjoyable! 

The same is true with blessings from God. He is sending His mercy, loving-kindness, truth, and faithfulness, am I ready to accept and take full advantage of those blessings? It’s up to me to receive God’s blessings, and allow His blessings to impact my life. 

To create a positive day, I know that I “won the prize” of God’s blessings, but I have to be willing to accept and enjoy the blessings God sends. 





The gift card helped me buy a new Air Popcorn Popper! And the very cool thing... is that a friend gave me a new bowl today....and it's a PERFECT Popcorn Bowl!
Once again God sent blessings that complimented each other!! I know, how cool is that!?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment