Monday, August 19, 2013

My Thoughts will Determine My Actions


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 15. Here is what I learned.

He who walks and lives uprightly and blamelessly, who works rightness and justice and speaks and thinks the truth in his heart. Psalm 15:2 (AMP)

Here is the answer: The one who lives with integrity, does what is right, and speaks honestly with truth from the heart. Psalm 15:2 (VOICE)

With our heart. That is, to the speaking of truth, it is necessary our words agree with our mind and thoughts about the thing. We must speak as we think, and our tongues must be faithful interpreters of our mind: otherwise we lie, not speaking as we think. So what is truth in itself may be spoken by a man, and yet he be a liar; namely, if he does not think as he speaks.
With the thing as it is in itself. Though we think a thing to be so, which is not so, we lie, when we affirm it; because it is not as we say, though we really think it is so. Benjamin Bennet's "Christian Oratory," 1728

What I THINK is what I act on. What are my thoughts based on? Are my thoughts simply about making me feel good? Do my thoughts focus on me? What am I thinking about?

First and foremost, I’m to get my thoughts in alignment with God. God is the absolute and He sets the standards. Then I have a responsibility to make sure what I think on is...  “right or deserves praise: things that are true, honorable, fair, pure, acceptable, or commendable.” (Philippians 4:8, GW)

To create a positive day, I have to make the choice to fill my mind with God’s Word, then keep my thoughts on the right track—for my thoughts will determine my actions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment