Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Quiet the Noise


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 27. Here is what I learned.

You have said, Seek My face [inquire for and require My presence as your vital need]. My heart says to You, Your face (Your presence), Lord, will I seek, inquire for, and require [of necessity and on the authority of Your Word]. Psalm 27:8 (AMP)

The prodding of my heart leads me to chase after You. I am seeking You, Eternal One—don’t retreat from me. Psalm 27:8 (VOICE)

My heart said of you, “Go, ·worship him [seek his face].” So I ·come to worship you [seek your face], Lord. Psalm 27:8 (EXB)

In this verse we are taught that if we would have the Lord hear our voice, we must be careful to respond to his voice. The true heart should echo the will of God as the rocks among the Alps repeat in sweetest music the notes of the peasant's horn. Observe, that the command was in the plural, to all the saints, Seek ye; but the man of God turned it into the singular by a personal application, Thy face, Lord, will I seek. The voice of the Lord is very effectual where all other voices fail. When thou saidst, then my heart, my inmost nature was moved to an obedient reply. Note the promptness of the response -- no sooner said than done; as soon as God said "seek," the heart said, "I will seek." Oh, for more of this holy readiness! Would to God that we were more plastic to the divine hand, more sensitive of the touch of God's Spirit. The Treasury of David

Is my heart open to hearing God? Am I listening? Or is it too noisy with my wants, wishes, worries, frustrations, or my will? 

To create a positive day, I need to quiet the noise I create, so that I can hear God and respond to His words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment