Monday, May 13, 2013

Right in Front of Me


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 146. Here is what I learned.

He makes the blind see. He lifts up those whose backs are bent in labor; He cherishes those who do what is right. Psalm 146:8 (VOICE)

The Lord opens the eyes of the blind. The Lord raises up those who are brought down. The Lord loves those who are right and good. Psalm 146:8 (NLV)

"The Lord openeth the eyes of the blind." Jesus did this very frequently, and hereby proved himself to be Jehovah. He who made the eye can open it, and when he does so it is to his glory. How often is the mental eye closed in moral night! And who can remove this dreary effect of the fall but the Almighty God? This miracle of grace he has performed in myriads of cases, and it is in each case a theme for loftiest praise.  The Treasury of David

So, often I feel as though I’m in the dark about what is happening in my life. Yet, as God opened the eyes of the literal blind, He can open my eyes to see His way very clearly. 

I remember driving home from work in my first IL snowstorm/blizzard. The cars were traveling at a snails pace. I found that when I tried to look too far ahead, I was “blinded”. I couldn't see the road, or landmarks, just blowing snow. However, when I focused on the road RIGHT IN FRONT of me, I could see very clearly. In fact, I could see the tracks of the cars that went before me, making a clear path for me to follow. 

Just as I needed to look at the road directly in front of me, the same is true in life. I need to only focus on what God has for me right now. I don’t need to look into the far future... God has that under control. When I follow the path God has clearly marked for me, I’ll arrive at the destination God has chosen and will enjoy the wonderful blessing along the way. 

To create a positive day, I need to stop trying to see the future, and simply follow the path God has placed right in front of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment