Thursday, May 16, 2013

Be Aware


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 8. Here is what I learned.

Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! Psalm 8:9 (NIV)

O Lord, our Lord, how excellent (majestic and glorious) is Your name in all the earth! Psalm 8:9 (AMP)

Lord: Jehovah, the Lord, self-Existent or Eternal; of deity Yahweh.

His name will be ·Wonderful Counselor [or Wonderful! Counselor!; or Extraordinary Advisor], ·Powerful [Mighty] God, ·Father Who Lives Forever [Eternal Father], Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6 (EXB)

Lord, our Lord. Wonderful Counselor. Powerful Mighty God. Eternal Father. Prince of Peace.

As I thought about the name of God today, I was in awe and filled with praise. And then I noticed that as I thought about God, I saw Him working details out in my life. The more I meditated on Him, the more aware I was of His presence and His goodness. 

For example: God provided a beautiful day to take care of some errands. I went to my chiropractor to see how things are progressing since surgery. The back needs to heal more before any adjustments, but he was able to work on my neck and the tendon in my hand.
On the way home, I had to stop at the grocery store. I knew I needed to stop at one in particular, since they carry the bread which I can eat, but usually their other foods are more expensive. But I wasn't up to shopping at 2 stores today, so figured since I needed bread, I'd stop there, and get a few things. Well..... God had some great surprises waiting for me!
The bread I needed was 25% off! The meat I wanted was BOGOF and the eggs were on sale! The banana price was lowered since last time I was there, and I was able to get some veggies at good prices too.  Even though the outing was tough physically, it was a very good "spirit" day!

As I was shopping, I couldn’t help but say, “Lord, our (my) Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!” 

To create a positive day, I need be aware of God’s presence, for as I become more aware, I see God’s amazing goodness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment