Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Little Things and the Big Things


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 150. Here is what I learned.

Praise him for his strength; praise him for his [abundant] greatness. Psalm 150:2 (EXB)

Praise Him for His great works! Praise Him for all His greatness! Psalm 150:2 (NLV)

"Praise him for his mighty acts." Here is a reason for praise. In these deeds of power we see himself. These doings of his omnipotence are always on behalf of truth and righteousness. His works of creation, providence, and redemption all call for praise; they are his acts, and his acts of might, therefore let him be praised for them. "Praise him according to his excellent greatness." His being is unlimited, and his praise should correspond therewith. He possesses a multitude or a plenitude of greatness, and therefore he should be greatly praised. There is nothing little about God, and there is nothing great apart from him. If we were always careful to make our worship fit and appropriate for our great Lord how much better should we sing! How much more reverently should we adore! Such excellent deeds should have excellent praise. The Treasury of David

“There is nothing little about God, and there is nothing great apart from him.” I like that. Nothing little about God.... and nothing great apart from Him. Wow. 

When I think of the “little” things that God has done and continues to do in my life, I’m overwhelmed with praise and awe. He is a God of details. Nothing is too small for Him to take care of... but He, Himself is not small. 

Then when I think of the “big” things God has done and continues to do in my life, I’m overwhelmed at God’s generosity and goodness towards me. And once again, I’m filled with praise and awe. 

God is great, magnificent, powerful..... but He’s also loving, kind, and shows great attention to the “little things” in my life. That’s why I praise God!  

Taking notice of the little things and the big things that God does, produces praise and that in turn creates a positive day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment