Friday, March 8, 2013

Time Frame


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 90. Here is what I learned.

A thousand years to you are like one day; they are like yesterday, already gone, like a short hour in the night. Psalm 90:4 (GNT)

Time. At times it seems that time literally stands still, while other moments fly by. Time. 24 hours in a day. 7 days in a week. 52 weeks in a year. 

A Thousand years, like a day. 365000 days is just like ONE day. That’s hard to grasp in my small mind. But if I really think about it... it sure makes me understand a “waiting period” a bit more. 

I’m waiting on a surgery date, to remove the broken spinal implant stimulator. I feel likes it’s been “FOREVER” but it really has only been a few weeks... and I learned yesterday, that I’ll have to wait a few more days/weeks until I learn the date... than it’s more waiting until that date arrives. 

I’m not a good “waiter”, as I’ve stated before. I like to move full-steam ahead! However, God continues to teach me that I have a lot to learn in God’s waiting room. 

A thousand years are like one day. When I think of that fact... that God is not bound by our time, the waiting period really isn’t about “time” rather it’s about what works best in God’s plan. In the eternal scope of eternity, God’s plan continues and my life is but a “blip” on the screen, if you will. 

Today. 24 hours. One day. May seem like eternity to me.... yet, it’s not even a second in God’s perspective. I have a choice, fret about something taking soooo long, or relax and allow God to accomplish His plan... in His time frame. A second really isn't that long of a time, neither is a day or two, in light of eternity. 

God is not bound by my time frame, rather He works in the scope of eternity. And when I stop measuring time and relax knowing that God will accomplish His will according to His plan, that is when I can create a positive day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment