Saturday, March 9, 2013

Intimate Understanding


Throughout this year, each day of the month, I'm "Treasure Hunting" in a Psalm. I've created a "Ponder Every Morsel of Truth" Book to record the truths as I learn them. The ninth of each month, I'm studying Psalm 100. Here's what Treasure I found today.

Acknowledge that the Lord is God. He made us, and we belong to him; we are his people, we are his flock. Psalm 100:3 (GNT)

Know (perceive, recognize, and understand with approval) that the Lord is God! It is He Who has made us, not we ourselves [and we are His]! We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Psalm 100:3 (AMP)

Realize that the Lord alone is God. He made us, and we are his. We are his people and the sheep in his care. Psalm 100:3 (GW)

Know: comprehend, consider, discern, discover, perceive, have respect, understand, be aware.

Know ye what God is in himself, and what he is to you. Know it; consider and apply it, then you will be more close and constant, more inward and serious, in his worship. Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

Know God. How do I get to know God almighty? One place to begin is Proverbs 6:16-19., it tells me what the Lord hates. He hates these things because they are against His very nature, His character, who He is. 

There are seven things that the Lord hates and cannot tolerate: A proud look, a lying tongue, hands that kill innocent people, a mind that thinks up wicked plans, feet that hurry off to do evil, a witness who tells one lie after another, and someone who stirs up trouble among friends.
Proverbs 6:16-19 (GNT)

Knowing God means that I not only learn who He is, but act on that knowledge. The more I get to know God, the richer my life will be. For as I get to know God, that knowledge (should) will change my heart, my mind, my attitude, and my actions. “Knowledge has power.” But more than that knowledge produces an intimate understanding of an Almighty God. 

Getting to know God, understanding who He is, creates a deeper love and respect for Him, and that intimate understanding of who God is creates a positive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment