Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Fact Over Feeling


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 43. Here is what I learned.



You are my fortress, O God!  Why have you rejected me? Why must I walk around in mourning while the enemy oppresses me? Psalm 43:2 (GW)

Fact: God is my fortress my strength. He is my place or means of safety and protection.
Feel: I have been rejected, cast away with a strong disgust as if I was rancid trash.
Feel: I am in a dark place, a place of mourning and gloom.
Feel: I am being crushed, and held down by my oppressors.
Fact: God is my fortress my strength. He is my place or means of safety and protection.

When the world seems to be collapsing around you, when the world seems dark and cold, when the world seems to be all gloom and doom.... to Whom do you turn? 

When the world seems overwhelming with pain and despair, when the world seems to have forgotten you, when the world seems to be spinning out of control... to Whom do you turn?

No matter what you feel or what you think may be happening around you.... there is a fact that remains: God is your fortress, your strength. He is your place or means of safety and protection. 

In the midst of the dark, gloom and doom world.... take a moment to remind yourself, that God has not changed. He is still your fortress, your strength. He is your place or means of safety and protection.

Fact over feeling. Truth over wrong misconceptions.

God has said, “I will never abandon you or leave you.” Hebrews 13:5 (GW)

I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love which Christ Jesus our Lord shows us. We can’t be separated by death or life, by angels or rulers, by anything in the present or anything in the future, by forces or powers in the world above or in the world below, or by anything else in creation. Romans 8:38-39 (GW)

To create a positive day, I need to rely on the fact, not my feelings, or what I perceive to be reality. For the fact that God is my fortress, my strength. He is my place or means of safety and protection, will change my perspective from gloom and doom to a positive one—because the Fact is who God is!

No comments:

Post a Comment