Sunday, February 3, 2013

Total Package


Throughout this year, each day of the month, I'm "Treasure Hunting" in a Psalm. I've created a "Ponder Every Morsel of Truth" Book to record the truths as I learn them. The third of each month, I'm studying Psalm 16. Here's what Treasure I found today.


I ·praise [bless] the Lord because he advises me. Even at night, ·I feel his leading [my innards instruct me]. Psalm 16:7 (EXB)

Bless: bless God, adore with bended knees, abundantly, altogether, congratulate.
Lord: of deity Yahweh.
Who: forasmuch, from where.
Counsel (advises): to advise; reflexively, to deliberate or resolve -- advertise, advise (well), consult, determine, guide, purpose. 
Indeed (even): furthermore, how much more.
Instruct: chastise, correct, reform, reprove, teach, let oneself be corrected, imparting of wisdom.
Mind: literally the kidneys; meaning “the interior self” , the vessel, thoughts, inter-most being, the seat of the affections.
Night: midnight season, figuratively adversity.

The occupying of the gold. The believer seeking instruction from the counsels of the Lord by night, and realizing his promise by day. The Treasury of David
"My reins also instruct me in the night seasons." We have a saying among ourselves that "the pillow is the best counsellor;" and there is much truth in the saying, especially if we have first committed ourselves in prayer to God, and taken a prayerful spirit with us to our bed. In the quiet of its silent hours, undisturbed by the passions, and unharassed by the conflicts of the world, we can commune with our own heart, and be instructed and guarded as to our future course even "in the night season." David especially seems to have made these seasons sources of great profit as well as delight. Sometimes he loved to meditate upon God as he lay upon his bed; and it was no doubt as he meditated on the Lord's goodness and on the way by which he had led him, that he was, as it were, constrained, even at midnight, to arise and pray. While, therefore, we acknowledge the pillow to be a good counsellor, let us with David here acknowledge also that it is the Lord who gives the counsel, and sends the instruction in the night season. - Barton Bouchier

God gives us advise and guidance in all aspects of our lives. I am very thankful that as I make a decision on  the new spinal implant stimulator, that God will guide me—if I ask Him and then listen to Him. Yesterday, the Ponder Morsel was the “gift of peace”. When I rely on God’s wisdom and knowledge of the circumstances, then I know He will not only give me the answers I seek, but the peace to go along with those decisions. It’s a “total package”! 

I need to accept, not only God’s gift of peace, but His wisdom and guidance as I seek His purpose in and for my life. To create a positive day, it’s all about accepting the “total package” from God—wisdom and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment