Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Abundantly Congratulates!


Throughout this year, each day of the month, I'm "Treasure Hunting" in a Psalm. I've created a "Ponder Every Morsel of Truth" Book to record the truths as I learn them. The fifth of each month, I'm studying Psalm 29. Here's what Treasure I found today.

The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace. Psalm 29:11 (EXB)

Gives: apply, appoint, ascribe, assign, cause.
Strength: boldness, loud, might, power, strength, strong, to be stout.
His people: specifically, a tribe, group of people.
Blesses: abundantly, altogether, congratulate, to kneel.
Peace: completeness, soundness, welfare, well, favor, friend, rest, safety.

"Peace." There is a threefold "peace," externa, interna, aeterna; temporal, spiritual, celestial peace. There is outward peace, the blessing; inward peace, the grace; and everlasting peace, of glory. And as in a stately palace there is a lodge or court that leads into the inmost goodly rooms, so external peace is the entrance or introduction to the inward lodgings of the sweet peace of conscience and of that eternal rest in which our peace in heaven shall be happy, inasmuch as external peace affords us many accommodations and helps to the gaining and obtaining both the one and the other. - Ephraim Udall. 1642.

The Lord will bless his people with peace - They have nothing to fear in the tempest and storm; nothing to fear from anything. He will bless them with peace in the tempest; He will bless them with peace through that power by which He controls the tempest. Let them, therefore, not fear in the storm, however fiercely it may rage; let them not be afraid in any of the troubles and trials of life. in the storm, and in those troubles and trials, he can make the mind calm; beyond those storms and those troubles he can give them eternal peace in a world where no "angry tempest blows." Barnes' Notes on the Bible

Why do we fight so hard to find peace, contentment, that sence of safety and calmness? God says that He will bless us with peace. It’s there, if we simply want to accept it. Nothing magical. Just accept the peace and completeness God abundantly pours out upon His people. 

Read though Psalm 29 again. The same God who shows His strength and power in the mighty storms, is very able to provide peace. Nothing is too hard for God! Today, I am to have my temporary spinal stimulator wire removed. And I’ll be making a decision on if I should make it permanent, or simply “give up” on the spinal stimulator as a way to reduce my pain. I’ve noticed the last few weeks, as I’ve discussed this with God, He has given me great peace about each step. It’s so great to know that God is listening to me as I talk with Him, and He is giving me guidance and I move forward. 

My Ponder Morsels lately have been “just what I need’. But God knew that too! Blesses His people with peace. God creates a positive day for me as He abundantly congratulates me with His peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment