Monday, February 4, 2013

Hitting the Bullseye


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 19. Here is what I learned.

The law of the Lord is perfect; it gives new strength. The commands of the Lord are trustworthy, giving wisdom to those who lack it. Psalm 19:7 (GNT)

The ·teachings [laws; instructions] of the Lord are perfect; they ·give new strength [revive the soul].
The ·rules [testimonies] of the Lord ·can be trusted [are faithful/sure]; they make ·plain [simpleminded; immature] people wise. Psalm 19:7 (EXB)

Law: from the word for “archer”; teaching one to aim at the bullseye; teach, instructions, guidance.
Lord: of deity Yahweh.
Perfect: entire (literally, figuratively or morally), complete, full, sound.
Restoring (gives): to turn back, return.
Soul: living being, life, self, person, desire, passion, appetite, emotion.
Testimony (commands): specifically a recorder/a witness, the code of law—as a testimony of God.
Is sure: to build up or support, to be permanent or quiet, establish, faithful, be stout, strong, bold, alert.
Making wise (giving wisdom): to be wise (in mind, word or act), teach wisdom, deal wisely, make wiser. 
The simple: deceive, flatter, silly one, foolish, lack of wisdom.

In man’s search for wisdom and knowledge, often the last place he looks is to God. Sadly, I find this true in my own life. I “think I know it all”. “I can make decisions on my own.” Yet, the reality is, that I cannot. For without God, my decisions lack true wisdom. For often, I want what I think is best for the immediate, not taking in consideration to long-term consequences for my actions, thoughts, or decisions—I’ll miss the bulls-eye every time. 
However, when I look to God, accept His instructions and guidance, my desires, passions and aim will be centered, and as I follow God’s testimony I’ll be alert and much wiser knowing exactly how to hit the bullseye. 

To create a positive day, it’s best that I NOT rely on my own knowledge, but rather listen to and follow God’s guidance. After all, hitting the bullseye ensures a positive day!  

A few years ago, I attended a Bible study. I was to study, Psalm 25:8, 9 and write the meaning to me. It fits perfectly with Psalm 19:7. 
Because God is good.
God will provide intelligent instruction,
teaching me the exact information & direction
(so I hit a bullseye!),
so that on my journey, I’ll know continually
how to behave no matter where I go.
God gives guidance with a specific purpose
knowing what is the very best.
Ps. 25:8, 9 (Rhonda)  

No comments:

Post a Comment