Thursday, February 7, 2013

Impact.


Throughout this year, each day of the month, I'm "Treasure Hunting" in a Psalm. I've created a "Ponder Every Morsel of Truth" Book to record the truths as I learn them. The seventh of each month, I'm studying Psalm 47. Here's what Treasure I found today.

The nobles of the nations assemble as the people of the God of Abraham, for the kings of the earth belong to God; he is greatly exalted. Psalm 47:9 (NIV)

The ·leaders [princes] of the ·nations [or armies] ·meet [gather together] with the ·people [or army] of the God of Abraham, because the ·leaders [shields; military leaders] of the earth belong to God. He is ·supreme [highly exalted]. Psalm 47:9 (EXB)

Highly: diligently, especially, exceedingly, far, fast, good, greatly, louder and louder, muchness, force, abundance.
Exalted: arise up, cause to ascend up.

He is greatly exalted - That is, one who can thus subdue nations, and lead along captive princes and warriors, "must" be a Being greatly exalted; a Being that has dominion over the nations of the earth. This completes the imagery in the psalm, and gives occasion for the shouts and the joys of triumph. God had shown that he was a great King over the earth. Princes and armies were subdued to his will. They were led along as captives, and were gathered together to the people of God, as if to acknowledge their own inferiority; and in this solemn manner the nations thus subdued owned Yahweh to be the true God. In a higher sense this will be true when all the earth shall be subdued by the power of truth, and when kings, and princes, and people everywhere shall come and acknowledge God, reigning through the Messiah, to be the King of all nations. Barnes' Notes on the Bible

God is Supreme.
Rhonda Sawtelle 

God is supreme.
Then why do I doubt Him?
God is supreme.
Then why do I ignore His guidance?
God is supreme. 
Then why do I try to do it alone?
God is supreme.
Then why don’t I trust Him?
God is supreme.
Then why don’t I give Him the respect He deserves?
God is supreme.
Then why don’t I allow Him to have full control in my life?
God is supreme.
Then why don’t I obey Him?

God is supreme.
He knows that I doubt,
yet continues to support me with His love until my doubts subside.
God is supreme.
He knows I ignore His guidance,
yet continues to teach me that His way is the best.
God is supreme.
He knows I’ll try to do it alone,
yet He patiently waits right there beside me to take the lead. 
God is supreme.
He knows that I don’t trust Him,
yet continues to teach me and demonstrate His trustworthiness.
God is supreme.
He knows I don’t show Him proper respect,
yet that doesn’t not mean He’s not worthy!
God is supreme.
He knows I don’t give Him full control,
yet He is waits patiently for me to let go. 
God is supreme.
He knows I fall short on obedience,
yet He is there to correct me and instruct me. 

God is supreme. He is to be highly exalted. 


I need to not only KNOW that God is supreme. but, that truth should effect my actions, attitude, and words. To create a positive day, it is not just KNOWING truth, rather it is allowing the truth to have an IMPACT in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment