Friday, January 4, 2013

The Ultimate Greatness!


Throughout this year, each day of the month, I'm "Treasure Hunting" in a Psalm. I've created a "Ponder Every Morsel of Truth" Book to record the truths as I learn them. The Fourth of each Month, I'm studying Psalm 19. Here's what Treasure I found today. 

Think about the Sun for a moment. Its diameter is about 860,000 miles. The sun weighs
4.4000000000000000000000000000000 pounds
— that is 4.4 followed by 30 zeros pounds! And yet it “hangs” in space!

The surface of the sun is about 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit. And the Earth is about 93,000,000 miles from the sun.  Any closer and we would burn, any further away and we would freeze. God knows exactly where to “hang” the Sun and Earth. 

The heavens are telling of the greatness of God and the great open spaces above show the work of His hands. Psalm 19:1 (NLV) 
Heaven is declaring God’s glory; the sky is proclaiming his handiwork. Psalm 19:1 (CEB)

Looking at the vastness of the sky, and knowing that we have yet to discover all that is in our Heavens, we are given a glimpse of the ultimate greatness of God. 

When I look at the Heavens and see the greatness of God, I realize that since God can create the Heavens with such detail, God can take care of me!  I don’t understand how the sun can “hang” in space, but I don’t need to understand all the details. The same is true in my life. I don’t need to understand how or why God does what He does, I am only to trust Him.  

“I don’t think the way you think.
The way you work isn’t the way I work.”
God’s Decree.
“For as the sky soars high above earth,
so the way I work surpasses the way you work,
and the way I think is beyond the way you think.
Just as rain and snow descend from the skies
and don’t go back until they’ve watered the earth,
Doing their work of making things grow and blossom,
producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry,
So will the words that come out of my mouth
not come back empty-handed.
They’ll do the work I sent them to do,
they’ll complete the assignment I gave them.
Isaiah 55:8-11 (MSG)

God is in control. God loves me. God knows exactly what is happening in my life, and He is very aware of each and every need I have. My responsibility is to trust God, and let Him work. Creating a positive day is easier when I take time to realize the ultimate greatness of God, and to do that, all I have to do is, look at the Heavens! 

No comments:

Post a Comment