Thursday, January 3, 2013

Body Guard

This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 16. Here is what I learned. 

Keep and protect me, O God, for in You I have found refuge, and in You do I put my trust and hide myself. Psalm 16:1 (Amplified)

Keep me safe, O God, I’ve run for dear life to you. Psalm 16:1 (MSG)


The word for “protect” conveys that of a “body guard”. The job description of a body guard: The primary responsibility of bodyguards is assessing security threats and providing the necessary security measures. 

God is the ultimate ‘body guard’ because of Who He is. The Word for “God” is “El” which means Mighty, Strong, Powerful.

Who better could provide protection and keep me safe, than the Almighty Powerful God? There is no one else who could even come close. 

Because of WHO God is, the Almighty Powerful God, I know that I am safe in Him. Nothing can separate me from the Love of God. 
The one who loves us gives us an overwhelming victory in all these difficulties. I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love which Christ Jesus our Lord shows us.[a] We can’t be separated by death or life, by angels or rulers, by anything in the present or anything in the future, by forces  or powers in the world above or in the world below, or by anything else in creation. Romans 8:37-39 (GW)
God is my body guard, and because of Who He is, I can rest and relax knowing that I am safe in Him. That fact creates a very positive day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment