Tuesday, January 1, 2013

God's Smile!

Throughout this year, each day of the month, I'm "Treasure Hunting" in a Psalm. I've created a "Ponder Every Morsel of Truth" Book to record the truths as I learn them. The First of each Month, I'm studying Psalm 67. Here's what Treasure I found today.

Today as I read Psalm 67... I had to stop and learn more about verse 1. 

God, mark us with grace and blessing. Smile! Psalm 67:1 (MSG)

God be merciful and gracious to us and bless us and cause His face to shine upon us and among us—Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! Psalm 67:1 (Amplified)

First, the Psalmist realized the need for God to be merciful and gracious to us. We are sinners, and only because of God's mercy and love, does He forgive us of our sins. Today is the beginning of a New Year, what a great truth to begin the year with... God has forgiven me! 

The next request of the Psalmist is that God bless us. And He does in so many ways. Today, I woke up to a beautiful Sunrise. God displays His handiwork in the Heavens for us to enjoy. 
God’s glory is on tour in the skies, God-craft on exhibit across the horizon. Psalm 19:1 (MSG)
Then lastly the Psalmist asks God to Smile! The Psalmist wants God's glory to reflect on him. As I go about today, I'd like to reflect God's smile with those whom I come in contact. This verse makes me think of the song by The Ball Brothers, "I Glimpse of Your Glory". 

Knowing that I'm forgiven, and that God is smiling upon me...that creates a positive day like no other! 


No comments:

Post a Comment