Wednesday, January 2, 2013

God Hears

Throughout this year, each day of the month, I'm "Treasure Hunting" in a Psalm. I've created a "Ponder Every Morsel of Truth" Book to record the truths as I learn them. The Second of each Month, I'm studying Psalm 4. Here's what Treasure I found today. 

Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness. You have freed me from my troubles. Have pity on me, and hear my prayer! Psalm 4:1 (God’s Word)


Answer me when I call, O my God Who is right and good! You have made a way for me when I needed help. Be kind to me, and hear my prayer. Psalm 4:1 (New Life Version)

It’s a treasure to know that I can call upon God... who is righteous.
God of my righteousness - Whatever pardon, peace, holiness, or truth I possess, has come entirely from thyself. Thou art the God of my salvation, as thou art the God of my life. (Clark’s Commentary)
God is the deliverer from troubles. When feeling confined and need a way to escape, God will provide that way. And this is not based upon me or what I have done, rather based upon God’s righteousness.

At times, I don’t “feel” like I’ve been “delivered”.. what then? I think it goes to a change of attitude and understanding. Remember, this is about GOD and WHO HE IS. It’s about His plan and what He wants to accomplish. 


This makes me think of Joseph. He was put into a pit, sold into slavery by his brothers, endured false imprisonment for at LEAST 2 years... but all the while... God was with Him. God’s plan for Joseph was about providing for His people. 
Jacob’s sons [The patriarchs] became jealous of Joseph and sold him to be a slave in Egypt. But God was with him and ·saved [rescued; delivered] him from all his ·troubles [afflictions]. God gave Joseph ·wisdom to gain the favor of [favor and wisdom before] Pharaoh, king of Egypt. The king made him governor of Egypt and put him in charge of ·all the people in his palace [his whole household]. Acts 7:9-10 (EXB)
The truth is that God, because of His grace and mercy, does hear my prayer for help. He is kind to me and will answer my prayer.....but in His ultimate loving way. And that truth is why, no matter my circumstance, I can enjoy a positive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment