Saturday, October 28, 2017

Study of Psalm 119. Psalm 119:30-32

This continues the study of Psalm 119.  (Start the series here: http://createapositiveday.blogspot.com/2017/09/study-of-psalm-119-psalm-1191.html)
God Provides (by Rhonda Sawtelle)
Psalm 119: God's Word....


vs. 30-32: Provides Goals
I have chosen the way of truth; Your judgments I have laid before me.I cling to Your testimonies; O Lord, do not put me to shame!I will run the course of Your commandments, for You shall enlarge my heart.Psalm 119:30-32
Have chosen: select
Cling: cleave to, figurative of loyalty, affection etc., sometimes with idea of physical proximity retained, to impinge
Will run:  to run for whatever reason, especially to rush

Three specific verbs. Three specific actions. Three specific goals. 

Make a choice. Stick with that choice. Continue to follow that choice. 

Will my actions and goals be determined by my desires, the desires the media (social/news) portrays, or will they be based on the solid Word of God? 

Three specific verbs. Choose. Cling. Run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment