There are moments in time that are etched into our minds. One of those moments for me happened on October 25, 2000. I remember the dark green sofa on which I was reclining. I remember trying to get work done to meet a deadline, in spite of battling bronchitis. I remember the deep coughing and then a searing burning sharp intense pain. I remember rolling off the sofa onto the floor in pain. I remember trying to get up and realizing that it was just too painful to move. I remember.......
Over the past 15 years, I remember the numerous tests, procedures, surgeries, visits to specialists and the chronic pain and headaches.
I also remember the amazing and wonderful blessings that God has showered upon me over the past 15 years. WOW! When I stop to reflect on those blessing, I can't but celebrate God's goodness.
A few weeks ago I read Psalm 21:1-3.
The king shall have joy in Your strength, O Lord; and in Your salvation how greatly shall he rejoice! You have given him his heart’s desire, and have not withheld the request of his lips. Selah For You meet him with the blessings of goodness; You set a crown of pure gold upon his head.
I really like that phrase, "meet him with blessings of goodness." As I reflect back over the past 15 years on all the blessings of goodness that God has given me, I can't help but praise Him.
A few highlights of the Blessings of Goodness that God has given over the past 15 years.
- 1. Awesome Doctors.
- 2. A friend who gracious opened her home to me, so that I could live within 5 min of a Dr. who would see me twice a day for a few weeks. And she has continued to be an encouragement to me over the years.
- 3. Spending time at my Sister's home following surgery and rehab. (God even made sure I was at the same rehab center that my sister would spend time at years later. That allowed me to know what my sister would be doing and experiencing.)
- 4. A ride in the Good Year Blimp. (Yep, really!)
- 5. Introduction to an amazing FRIEND! And the friendship as grown stronger over the years. Truly a blessing from God.
- 6. A pharmacy mistake that led to them paying for an expensive medication! (A total God thing!)
- 7. Contest wins..... oh so many! Some I enjoyed, some I passed along as gifts and some I was able to sell to help pay bills. Some of the highlights include: a bike, a HUGE grill, NASCAR grandstand tickets (which God changed to PIT Passes), tickets to a musical show, gift cards to restaurants, grocery stores, online shops, t-shirts, hats, autographed items... the list goes on and on!
- 8. Timing. God's timing is always perfect. From using geese to keep me from leaving (that delay kept me from an accident), or car repairs delaying a car purchase until the right one was ready. To me moving to Florida and getting settled-in so that I could be here to help my parents during my Mom's hospitalization. To leading me to a different vehicle as I'll be driving my parents around. God is always on time, never late!
- 9. The Castle. I still am in awe that God made way to provide this awesome home for my parents and I. As I think through the details that God worked through and all that God taught me, all I can say is... "Thank you, Lord!" (Read about it here: http://createapositiveday.blogspot.com/2015/05/announcement-part-1-im-moving.html.)
- 10. And I can't forget Max, my parakeet. God gave him to me on April 2003 for my birthday. Max provided many laughs and silly companionship over the years. Max died on August 28, 2015 of a heart attack. I'm so thankful for all the fun memories I have of that silly little bird.
Meet him with Blessings of Goodness.
I can honestly say, that God has met me with MANY blessings of goodness over the past 15 years. Very thankful for God's blessings of goodness!