Saturday, October 19, 2013

Motivation is Meritorious


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 15. Here is what I learned.

They do not charge interest on money they lend and do not take ·money [a bribe] to hurt innocent people. 
Whoever does all these things will never be ·destroyed [moved]. Psalm 15:5 (EXB)

The one who does not collect interest on a loan or take a bribe against an innocent person. Whoever does these things will never be shaken. Psalm 15:5 (GW)

Motivation. I find that word interesting. Why does a person do what they do? What is their motivation? Is there a hidden agenda? What is the incentive? 

Motivation can be a good thing... it can create a desire to go above and beyond the ordinary to help another. Motivation can also encourage us to do better than we thought we could do. 

Yet, the wrong motivation can create a discontentments and frustration if we expect something in return. 

Making sure my motivation is meritorious (noble, honorable) is major in maintaining a meaningful relationship with God. God knows why I do what what I do. He knows my heart. 

How do I keep my motivation in check? By making sure that I’m doing what I’m doing to honor God, and not please a person or make myself look good. I’ve written before about “making my Boss, look good.” And “my Boss” is God. I’m to do ALL things to give Him glory and honor. 
Well, I’ll tell you why. It is because you must do everything for the glory of God, even your eating and drinking. 1 Corinthians 10:31 (TLB)

To create a positive day, I need to make sure my motivation is meritorious and giving glory to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment