Friday, October 18, 2013

Take Delight


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 1. Here is what I learned.


But they delight in doing everything God wants them to, and day and night are always meditating on his laws and thinking about ways to follow him more closely. Psalm 1:2 (TLB)

They ·love [delight in] the Lord’s ·teachings [laws; instructions], and they ·think about [meditate on] those ·teachings [laws; instructions] day and night. Psalm 1:2 (EXB)

Doing everything God wants them to......... that word EVERYTHING encompasses so much! There are some things that are fun to do... those are easy to accomplish. BUT...... everything God wants me to do.... that’s a bit harder. 
Such as:
But I say: Love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! Matthew 5:44 (TLB)

How can I do that? The only way is to love God, and take delight in obeying Him. When I focus on Who God is, and what He wants me to do... then obeying Him is easier. When we love someone, we don’t mind doing what they ask... even if we think the task is unpleasant. 

If I’m finding it hard to do everything God wants... and taking delight in obeying God, then I need to spend time in deepening my relationship with Him. For out of love comes obedience. 

To create a positive day, I need to take delight and enjoy obeying God..... and if I’m not, than I need to spend time with Him deepening my relationship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment