Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Make My Boss Look Good!


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 100. Here is what I learned.

Serve the Lord with joy; come before him with singing. Psalm 100:2 (EXB)

Serve: aid, help; supply; Synonyms: arrange, assist, attend to, be of assistance, be of use, care for, deal, deliver, dish up, distribute, do for, give, handle, minister to, nurse, oblige, present, provide, provision, set out, wait on, work for.

My work philosophy has always been, that it is my job to “make my boss look good”. Each aspect of the jobs I have had, would reflect on my boss. And I wanted to make sure that “my boss” always looked good. 

Since I am to do ALL things so that God received the glory, honor and praise, I should be making sure I am making my “Boss” look good! 

As a matter of fact, do everything that way, heartily and freely to God’s glory. 1 Corinthians 10:31 (MSG)

How do I make God “look good”? He really doesn’t NEED my help... but He allows me to work for Him and with Him to accomplish His will. My responsibility is to first and foremost give God the glory due Him. Secondly, share His love with those around me. And lastly, make sure that I’m willing to do any job that God assigns me—whether or not I “like it”. 

Each and every job that God assigns me has a specific purpose to accomplish His will and plan. I need to remember that I can’t pick and choose which jobs I want to do and which ones to ignore. Some are more pleasant than others, but each task is required to assure that God’s plan is fulfilled in it’s entirety. 

To create a positive day, I need to make sure that I am doing my best to “make my Boss look good”! That means doing each task God assigns me to the best of my ability and giving God the glory due Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment