Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Pantry is Full, the Storage Unit is Full, & the Trucks are Waiting to Unload


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 117. Here is what I learned.

For His mercy and loving-kindness are great toward us, and the truth and faithfulness of the Lord endure forever. Praise the Lord! (Hallelujah!) Psalm 117:2 (AMP) 

Because ·the Lord loves us very much [great is his loyalty/love toward us], and his ·truth [faithfulness] is everlasting. Praise the Lord! Psalm 117:2 (EXB)

The word “great” means so much! It’s means “strong, powerful, but with blessing”; it is not only great in bulk or number; but it is powerful.

Often I wonder what it would be like to have an unending supply of stuff in my home. The refrigerator would always be filled with yummy food, the pantry would have enough boxes, cans, and spices that I’d be able to cook any recipe without having to substitute. The linen closet would be full of all the cleaning supplies, soaps, shampoos, etc; again so that everything I’d need would be right at my fingertips. 

Yet, although that is wishful thinking to have an unending supply of stuff.... it’s not so when it comes to God’s mercy and loving-kindness. Not only is God’s mercy and love powerful enough to forgive my sin, and it’s so abundant there is a unending supply.

Seems like some days I need more of God’s mercy and love than others. And some days it seems like I’ve needed so much I’ve “used up” His supply... but the truth is that’s impossible. For no matter how much mercy and love I need, there is always more, and God is always ready to give it to me. 

So, not only is God’s mercy and loving-kindness unending, it’s always available for me to accept. Not only is the pantry is full, but the storage unit is full, and then there are trucks just waiting to unload. When I realize how great God’s love and mercy is and that there is literally an unending supply... WOW! How can I not stop and praise God? 

Just knowing that the pantry is full, and the storage unit is full, and the trucks are waiting to unload......that is just a small amount of the unending and powerful mercy and love my God wants to give me. 

To create a positive day, I only need to open the pantry door and see it overflowing with God’s mercy and loving-kindness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment