Friday, April 12, 2013

Heard, because it was Spoken!


Throughout this year, each day of the month, I'm "Treasure Hunting" in a Psalm. I've created a "Ponder Every Morsel of Truth" Book to record the truths as I learn them. The twelfth of each month, I'm studying Psalm 138. Here's what Treasure I found today.

All the kings of the land shall give You credit and praise You, O Lord, for they have heard of the promises of Your mouth [which were fulfilled]. Psalm 138:4 (AMP)

All the kings of the earth will give thanks to you, O Lord, because they have heard the promises you spoke. Psalm 138:4 (GW)

heard: to hear intelligently, attentively, carefully, certainly, consider.

Praise was given to God because the kings of the land, HEARD. If the message isn’t communicated, then people can’t hear.. and there is no praise. 

In the world of twitter, facebook, emails, text messages, etc., we have instant access to telling people what is going on in our lives. We make sure everyone knows what we ate for dinner, or what we are doing at that very instant, or who we just saw, or even our location. 
But how many times do we share what God is doing in our lives? How many times do we share what God is teaching us? How many times do we simply share God’s love with others? How can people praise God... if they don’t hear? And how can they hear, if we don’t speak? 

I think it’s time I evaluate my tweets, wall posts, emails, and even my actual spoken words, to see if I’m speaking about God and His promises. For if I want the ‘kings of the lands” to praise God... it has to start with me voicing reasons that my God should be praised. 

Heard, because it was spoken—and if I want to create a positive day filled with praise to God, I must be speaking about Him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment