Monday, April 8, 2013

Do I have my “God-glasses” on?


Throughout this year, each day of the month, I'm "Treasure Hunting" in a Psalm. I've created a "Ponder Every Morsel of Truth" Book to record the truths as I learn them. The eighth of each month, I'm studying Psalm 90. Here's what Treasure I found today.

Show your servants ·the wonderful things you do [your miracles]; ·show your greatness [your splendor/beauty] to their children. Psalm 90:16 (EXB) 

Let Your work of love be on display for all Your servants; let Your children see Your majesty. Psalm 90:16 (VOICE)

Let thy work appear unto thy servants, And thy glory upon their children. Psalm 90:16 (ASV)

I can “see” thing differently depending on my perspective. I noticed this today as I drove to my Chiropractic appointment. When I put on my sunglasses, my vision was sharper and clearer...but the clouds also looked darker. Sunglasses “tint” my perspective. When I had on my “normal” glasses, the sky was brighter, but it was harder to see details due to the glare of the sun. Glasses may make things appear brighter, but I miss the blessings of the details. 

As I look at what God is doing, I wonder which glasses I have on—ones that allow me to see greater detail, or ones that blur my vision so that things may appear brighter, but I miss the details.

Often when God works, He does not show us all the details at once, rather He shows us only what we need to see to be able to take the next step of faith. However, I often try to look in the future to see all the details, but I’m learning, if I try to look too far ahead, I miss what God wants to show me in the “here and now”. 

If I want to see the wonderful things God is doing, I need to make sure I’m wearing “God-glasses” and looking at things from His perspective. If I do see dark clouds on the horizon, I need to be patient and know that if God does send a storm, He will be right there with me. 

To create a positive day, I need to make sure I have on my “God-glasses” so I don’t miss the wonderful things God is doing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment