Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Take Refuge


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 91. Here is what I learned.

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge. His truth is your shield and armor. Psalm 91:4 (GW)

Like a bird protecting its young, God will cover you with His feathers, will protect you under His great wings; His faithfulness will form a shield around you, a rock-solid wall to protect you. Psalm 91:4 (VOICE)

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you ·can hide [will find refuge]. His ·truth [faithfulness] will be your shield and ·protection [buckler; a small shield]. Psalm 91:4 (EXB)

The word rendered "buckler" is derived from the verb "to surround," and is given to the defensive armor here referred to, because it "surrounds," and thus "protects" a person. Barnes' Notes on the Bible

Max, my parakeet, has taught me many things over the years. One thing, I’ve noticed that there are times he wants to sit on my shoulder and snuggle as close as he can to my neck, and hide under my hair. Sometimes, it’s when something scares him, such as a thunderstorm or the hawk. Sometimes, when people who he doesn’t know visit. Sometime, he just wants to snuggle to snuggle. 

Psalm 91:4 describes God’s love and protection for us. 

Sometimes we want a refuge because of a storm. Sometimes we want a refuge because of the unknown. Sometimes we want a refuge because we simply want security. Sometimes we want a refuge because we want to feel loved. 

And God is there surrounding us with His steadfast and loving arms... whatever the reason we need His protection. 

To create a positive day, I only need to take refuge under the wings of the Almighty God and rest in His protection and love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment