Friday, May 31, 2013

Left Out in the Rain



This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 126. Here is what I learned.


“The Lord has done spectacular things for them.” The Lord has done spectacular things for us.  We are overjoyed. Psalm 126:2b, 3 (GW)

There’s an old song that I heard on the Partridge Family re-run, “She’d rather have the Rain”. The gist of the song is that no matter what the boy could do or give the girl, she’d would rather have the rain.... the more unpleasant item. 

As I read Psalm 126, I had to think, when God does spectacular things, am I happy with what He’s done and how He chose to accomplish it... or I’m I like the girl in the song... not satisfied, and would rather have the rain? 

I wonder how many times, God has given me an amazing blessing, but I was too focused on what I thought I wanted, or needed, that I missed seeing the blessing. 

I wonder how many times, God has wanted to give me a wonderful gift, but I was too focused on getting what I wanted myself, that I missed the opportunity of letting God present me with the gift of His choice. 

Would I really, “rather have the rain, than anything He could give me?” 

It comes down to making sure that my focus, will, and goals match what God’s are. I need to realize that I may not understand the gift God gives me at a particular time, but I can be assured that the gift is exactly what I need. 

To create a positive day, I need to be open and willing to accept what God wants to give me, otherwise I will be left out in the rain, miserable and missing God’s blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment