Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Get Out of the Night


Throughout this year, each day of the month, I'm "Treasure Hunting" in a Psalm. I've created a "Ponder Every Morsel of Truth" Book to record the truths as I learn them. The Twenty-second of each Month, I'm studying Psalm 30. Here's what Treasure I found today.

For his anger is but for a moment; His favor is for a life-time: Weeping may tarry for the night, But joy cometh in the morning. Psalm 30:5 (ASV)

This is the literal translation: "For a moment in his anger. Lives in his favor. In the evening weeping may lodge: but in the morning exultation." Clarke's Commentary on the Bible

As I read Psalm  30 this morning, I had to stop and re-read this verse several times. As I studied it, I found much comfort in the last part of the verse, “Weeping may tarry for the night, But joy cometh in the morning.”

Weeping is a temporary visitor. The weeping, the sobbing, the complaining with tears is temporary. There is an ending to the crying. 

The morning. Just at daybreak as the sun begins to rise. At the first hint of light in the dark night sky, there is a SHOUT, jubilation of JOY! The painful sobbing has been changed into gladness, joy, proclamation, rejoicing, shouting, singing, and yes triumph!

I guess this verse hit home because living with  chronic pain, there are many nights I literally cry myself to sleep. I am overwhelmed by pain, and “never-endingness” of the pain. Yet, as the darkness of night begins to change to the sunshine of day, even though the pain is still present, there is a sense of peace and joy. 

Phillips, Craig and Dean have a song called “Little Bit of Morning”. Here is a video of that song. 


To create a positive day, I need to ‘get out of the night’ and give a SHOUT of triumph to God Almighty. The temporary of sobbing, gives way to everlasting JOY. The triumph that God is still God. He is the ALMIGHTY and He is my hope and my salvation. God is my source of Joy, and that is greater than any pain; therefore, I will ENJOY a Morning of proclaiming and shouting about my Great God!

No comments:

Post a Comment