Thursday, January 24, 2013

Going Right On as the Days Roll On!


Throughout this year, each day of the month, I'm "Treasure Hunting" in a Psalm. I've created a "Ponder Every Morsel of Truth" Book to record the truths as I learn them. The Twenty-fourth of each Month, I'm studying Psalm 61. Here's what Treasure I found today.

So will I sing praise unto thy name forever, that I may daily perform my vows. Psalm 61:8 (KJV)

Sing praise: give praise, sing forth praises, psalms.
Name: by implication honor, authority, character 
Forever: perpetuity.
Perform: make good.
Vows: promised gifts.
Daily: day by day, continually—today and each day.

We vowed perpetual praise, and we desire to render it without intermission. We would worship God de die in diem, going right on as the days roll on. We ask no vacation from this heavenly vocation; we would make no pause in this sacred service. God daily performs his promises, let us daily perform our vows: he keeps his covenant let us not forget ours. Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time forth, even for evermore. The Treasury of David

I will, a determined commitment and desire, to give praise to God, because He is worthy of praise, each and every day, as a promised gift to God. 

Note that my praise is not based on how I feel, or what I’m experiencing that particular day, the praise is directed to God, His character, Who He is. And since God does NOT change, my praise should be continual. 

I like how the Treasure of David put it: going right on as the days roll on. My praise to God should be going on and on and on and on and on.... as the  days roll on! Just like a huge boulder rolling down a hill, it continues to gather speed as it continues to roll. The more I praise God on a daily basis, the more I want to praise God! Going right on as the days roll on! 

I’ve noticed that the past several Psalms really focus on the aspect that my Praise is not to be based on me, my circumstances, my situation, or how I feel. Rather I’m to be praising and honoring God simply because of WHO He is. I also have noticed that as David turns his attention to God and begins praising and honoring God, David’s outlook changes., even if his situation/circumstances remain the same, David finds joy and comfort in Who God is. 

To create a positive day, I need to change my focus from how I feel, from how bad I hurt, from my circumstances to Who God is, His character and begin praising Him.... going right on as the days roll on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment