Thursday, October 19, 2017

Blessings Celebration! 17 Years

It's time to celebrate God's goodness! 
17 years. 
Next week, I'll enjoy my Blessings Celebration day, as I reflect on all the amazing blessings that God has given me over the past 17 years. Why only 17 years? Because it was on Oct 25, 2000, that I injured my back it led to me being given the title of "chronic pain sufferer".

"Create a positive day!" is more than just a by-line. It's a constant frame of mind that reminds me to see God's blessings each and every day. 

17 years.  Each year when I reflect on God's blessings, I'm overwhelmed by His goodness and mercy. I am also amazed at the wonderful surprises that God has given me. 
I enjoyed a ride in the Goodyear Blimp. I was in the pits at 2 NASCAR races, and I was at the Drivers Intro Stage during another race and was able to witness the swearing in of some Military heroes. Oh, and I live in a Castle with a Prince. :-) 
As I reflect on God's blessings, I continue to be amazed at God's creativity in supplying my needs. A pharmacy mistake provided me with a free very expensive medication. Contest wins provided some needs, and just fun encouragement, as well as gifts for others. Refunds that were 5 years in coming (medical bill overpaid). And so many other wonderful and creative ways that God supplied and still does. 

17 years. I'm thankful that God didn't tell me on Oct 25, 2000, that I'd be living in pain for 17 years plus. At that point and time, it would have been too overwhelming. Oh, but God knew that. 
17 years.  God has supplied each need and even wants along the way. And I'm so extremely thankful for His love and care. 

17 years.  "If God really loves you, He'd heal you." Really??! God has the power to heal me, yes. However, sometimes He chooses not to heal. There are many reasons why that I can think of, but God has His own very good reasons! One thing that I do know is that God has allowed my pain so that my faith and trust in Him would grow deeper. He has also allowed my pain so that I can come alongside others and encourage them. God has allowed my pain to put me in places so that I could share God's love. 

17 years.  There is much to celebrate! Please join me in taking time to reflect on God's blessings in your life. 
It's time to celebrate God's goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment