Monday, October 16, 2017

Study of Psalm 119. Psalm 119:25

This continues the study of Psalm 119.  (Start the series here: http://createapositiveday.blogspot.com/2017/09/study-of-psalm-119-psalm-1191.html)

God Provides (by Rhonda Sawtelle)
Psalm 119: God's Word....


vs. 25: Provides Revival & Rejuvenation

My soul clings to the dust; revive me according to Your word. Psalm 119:25

Revive: himself with fulness of life in his favor
According to your word: advice, answer, promise


“Quicken thou me according to thy word. By thy providence put life into my affairs, by thy grace put life into my affections; cure me of my spiritual deadness and make me lively in my devotion.” Note, When we find ourselves dull we must go to God and beg of him to quicken us; he has an eye to God's word as a means of quickening (for the words which God speaks, they are spirit and they are life to those that receive them), and as an encouragement to hope that God would quicken him, having promised grace and comfort to all the saints, and to David in particular. God's word must be our guide and plea in every prayer. (Matthew Henry's Complete Commentary on the Bible)

Find yourself discouraged? We find joy, peace, and comfort in God and His Word. 

2 comments:

  1. We stumbled over here by a different web address and thought I may as
    well check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you.
    Look forward to going over your web page repeatedly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You actually make it seem so easy together with your presentation but I in finding this
    matter to be actually something that I believe I might by no means understand.

    It seems too complex and very huge for me. I am looking ahead in your subsequent submit, I'll
    attempt to get the hold of it!

    ReplyDelete