Monday, September 18, 2017

Study of Psalm 119. Psalm 119:10

This continues the study of Psalm 119.  (Start the series here: http://createapositiveday.blogspot.com/2017/09/study-of-psalm-119-psalm-1191.html)

God Provides (by Rhonda Sawtelle)
Psalm 119: God's Word....

vs. 10: Provides Boundaries
With my whole heart I have sought You; oh, let me not wander from Your commandments! Psalm 119:10
With my whole: all, any or every
Heart: the inner man, soul, comprehending mind, affections and will
Have sought You: seek deity in prayer and worship; to follow for pursuit or search the True God
Wander: lead astray, deceive, err
Not: nay, neither, never, no, nor
Your commandments: code of wisdom, ordinance, precept



With all my heart I have sought You, [inquiring of You and longing for You]; do not let me wander from Your commandments [neither through ignorance nor by willful disobedience]. Psalm 119:10 (AMP)


Saturday night I had to take my Dad to the Emergency Room. As the hours dragged on into morning, I went in search of something Mom and I could eat for breakfast. I followed the signs to the Lobby, only to find another sign on the door, "Do not open. Alarm will sound!". Ok, I guess this isn't the way out, EVEN though all the signs point that way. I turned around headed back to the Reception area. I asked for directions and a Nurse kindly led me though some locked doors and the old ER to the lobby area. 
After purchasing some danish and coffee, I headed back following posted signs. Only to find more locked doors. I finally made my way back to the lobby area and went outside and walked to the ER entrance. 

Following signs and directions are only as good as the source. I thought since the signs were posted by the Hospital in the Hospital, they'd be correct. However, since the Emergency Room is a new addition and just opened, all the signage hasn't been changed. 

Thankfully, God's Word is unchangeable. And the source, God Himself, is true and reliable. My only responsibility is to learn and follow God's "signage". 

My prayer is that I would seek God with "ALL of my heart" and stay true to God and His Word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment