Friday, September 22, 2017

Study of Psalm 119. Psalm 119:13

This continues the study of Psalm 119.  (Start the series here: http://createapositiveday.blogspot.com/2017/09/study-of-psalm-119-psalm-1191.html)

God Provides (by Rhonda Sawtelle)
Psalm 119: God's Word....

vs. 13: Provides Conversation

With my lips I have declared all the judgments of Your mouth. Psalm 119:13

With my lips: language, speech
Have declared: recount something, to score with a mark as a tally or record
All: the whole, any and every
Judgments: after the manner, custom, fashion — rightful due
Of Your mouth: according as after, speech

What do I talk about? Lately we've heard much talk about Hurricanes. How strong will they be? What path will they take? No one really knows until it actually arrives. But our conversations and actions were filled with Hurricane preparedness and "what ifs". 

What do I talk about? No matter the topic, my conversation should reflect what I believe about God. The particular words I choose, my intent, and emotion of how those were are spoken, should reflect God and His mercy and grace. 

But in order for me to have God's Word impact my conversation, I must know God's Word. 

What impacts my conversation? 

No comments:

Post a Comment