Thursday, August 13, 2015

Trust: Fact. Question.

As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried. He is a Shield to all those who trust and take refuge in Him. 2 Samuel 22:31 (AMP)

When looking to put your trust in someone what are the qualifications? 
1. Who are they? 
2. What is their track record? 

Looking at 2 Samuel 22, we learn first of all that God is GOD! That alone makes Him trustworthy. Secondly, we learn that God's word has been tested, and proven true. That makes Him trustworthy. And because He is trustworthy—He can be trusted! And when trust is placed in God, there is safety and assurance that God is in control and working things out for His glory and honor. 

Fact: God is trustworthy. 
Question: I'm I willing to trust God that His way is REALLY perfect? 

It's easy to say "I trust You, God." It's another thing to actually put my agenda aside and trust that God, indeed knows what is best. 

Looking back over the past 6 months, I had some great lessons in trusting God, as I looked for a home. If I had given up on God's direction and chose a home on my own, I would not have ended up at the Castle. Each home we looked at, seemed at that moment in time to be the BEST. However, as God worked in my heart and continued to teach me and lead me, and I was willing to TRUST Him, God then led me to the VERY BEST—HIS BEST. Each day, I continue to thank God for the King of king's Castle. He has supplied a home that is perfect for my needs. I'm very grateful. 

So, does that mean that since I'm now living in the Castle, that I stop trusting God? I can now "do it on my own"? The answer of course is, "no". However, I have to continue to learn to trust God, and not try to do it on my own. 

God is trustworthy simply because He is GOD! And He has proven Himself trustworthy. I only have to trust Him. And trusting God is easier when my heart is permeated with a deep sense of reverence for God (Acts 9:31 MSG). 

To learn about the journey to the Castle start here:

No comments:

Post a Comment