Thursday, May 21, 2015

True Bond

For I want you to know how great is my solicitude for you [how severe an inward struggle I am engaged in for you] and for those [believers] at Laodicea, and for all who [like yourselves] have never seen my face and known me personally. Colossians 2:1 (AMP)

The Question: Why would someone have great concern for others, when he had never met them? 

The answer: "Those believers."  

The bond of true Christians is not based on if we go to the same church, or if we live in the some community, or even the same state. The true bond of Christians is Jesus Christ. And that bond makes miles disappear and unites people all over the world. 

The internet has made our world much smaller, in that we can have instant access to other Continents. It wasn't that long ago, where we'd have to wait months to receive a letter from around the world. Now, we wait seconds. 

With the instant access of the World at out grasp, the question then is: Am I using it to draw closer to other believers? Am I using it to encourage them? 

Paul had great concern for other believers, even those he never met. If I am to have that same concern, it begins in my heart. And for my heart to beat with the love and concern for others, it must be permeated with a deep sense of reverence for God (Acts 9:31 MSG). 

No comments:

Post a Comment