Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Maturity

Him we preach and proclaim, warning and admonishing everyone and instructing everyone in all wisdom (comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God), that we may present every person mature (full-grown, fully initiated, complete, and perfect) in Christ (the Anointed One). Colossians 1:28 (AMP)
God is doing an amazing thing in my life right now, and with it comes new responsibility. Responsibilities I haven't had in my life before. Exciting, yes. But it's also a growing time. I have to learn new things, so that I know what I am responsible for, and can take care of those responsibilities. 

Do you realize that knowing the Word of God brings responsibilities too? The more you study God's Word the more you are held accountable for obeying. Also studying God's Word should be changing you as you learn about God and His wisdom and instruction. 

Maturity. Yes, there is more responsibilities with growing and learning. But there is also more blessings and joys. 

If I want to become mature in Christ, it begins with being permeated with a deep sense of reverence for God (Acts 9:31; MSG), and then allowing that reverence to impact my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment