Monday, May 18, 2015

My Hope

To whom God was pleased to make known how great for the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ within and among you, the Hope of [realizing the] glory. Colossians 1:27 (AMP)
Christ is my hope. Not just for after I die, but rather my every day hope. A hope that should be very clearly manifested in my life. 

Manifested: readily perceived by the eye or the understanding; evident; obvious; apparent; plain. 
I appeal to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship. Romans 12:1 (AMP)
[For] If you ·use your lives to do the wrong things your sinful selves want [ live according to the flesh], you will ·die spiritually [ die]. But if you ·use the Spirit’s help to [ by the Spirit] ·stop doing the wrong things you do with [put to death the deeds of] your body, you will ·have true life [ live]. Romans 8:13 (EXB)
Christ within me not only do I have Hope, but the power to live a godly life. But living a godly life manifesting the hope of Christ, is only possible if I am permeated with a deep sense of reverence for God (Acts 9:31; MSG).

No comments:

Post a Comment