Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Confidence

As I studied Colossians 1 this morning, these verses stood out. 
"We continually give thanks to God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah), as we are praying for you, for we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus [the leaning of your entire human personality on Him in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness] and of the love which you [have and show] for all the saints (God’s consecrated ones).” Colossians 1:3, 4 (AMP)
I especially like that phrase: 'the leaning of your entire human personality on Him in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness.' 
Absolute trust and confidence in HIS power, wisdom and goodness! WOW! No better ROCK SOLID place to put my trust. And that covers all aspects of what I’d need: POWER…. strength to accomplish His will, WISDOM…. knowledge to make decisions as I carry out His will, and GOODNESS…. those blessings that God showers on me… HIS BEST… as I live in accordance with HIS will!

No comments:

Post a Comment