Thursday, April 30, 2015

What would be written about me?

"You so learned it from Epaphras, our beloved fellow servant. He is a faithful minister of Christ in our stead and as our representative and yours." Colossians 1:7 (AMP)
Faithful minister of Christ. The Message, says "reliable worker for Christ!" God's Word translation reads, " trustworthy deacon for Christ". 
Faithful. Reliable. Trustworthy. And not just in everyday activities, but especially in regards to serving our Lord Jesus Christ. 
I've been listening to some of my older music, and a song by 4Him is "A ManYou Would Write About". The chorus reads:
I want to be a man that you would write about
Oh a thousand years from now
That they could read about
Your servant of choice in whom You found favor
A man who heard Your voice
Generations away it is my prayer
That they will look back and say
Oh to have that kind of faith and love
What a solid man of God he was. 

Faithful. Reliable. Trustworthy. Servant of God. That's what I'd like to be written about me. And in order for that to happen, I must be permeated with a deep sense of reverence for God (Acts 9:31 MSG).

No comments:

Post a Comment