Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Soaking in His Light


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 4. Here is what I learned.


Many say, Oh, that we might see some good! Lift up the light of Your countenance upon us, O Lord. Psalm 4:6 (AMP)

Many, Lord, are asking, “Who will bring us prosperity?” Let the light of your face shine on us. Psalm 4:6 (NIV)

Crowds of disheartened people ask, “Who can show us what is good?” Let Your brilliant face shine upon us, O Eternal One, that we may know the undeniable answer. Psalm 4:6 (VOICE)

If I’m in the living room, and it gets dark, I do not turn on the bedroom light. Turning on a light in another room, does not make the darkness disappear in another room. 
The same concept is true if I want God’s blessing on my life. If I want the light of God’s face to shine on me, then I must be near Him. I can’t be off on my own “in another room” doing my own thing. I must be in the presence of God to enjoy the light He provides. 

How often do I spend time in the dark, simply because I do not want to obey God? How many times do I complain to God that I’m “in the dark”, but I’m not willing to move to allow Him to shine His grace and mercy on me? 

Lord, let the light of your face shine on me.... and direct me to Your presence so that I can be bathed in Your light of grace and mercy. 

To create a positive day, I need to move out of the dark, and spend time in God’s presence soaking in His light of grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment