Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Remember ‘My Place’


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 67. Here is what I learned.

God be merciful and gracious to us and bless us and cause His face to shine upon us and among us—Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! Psalm 67:1 (AMP)

God, mark us with grace and blessing! Smile! Psalm 67:1 (MSG)

Gracious: compassionate, good-hearted, loving, merciful, kindness, and generosity of spirit, responsive, right, righteous, thoughtful.

So often we think we deserve something from God. We often ‘demand’ things or try to bargin with God. “God, if you do ..................., then I’ll do ................” But God is not one to make bargins nor does He need to listen to any of our demands. 

God is gracious, but that does not mean that He will give us everything we think we deserve or want. For in reality if God gave us what we really deserved, that would be eternity in Hell, separated from a Holy God.

However, God graciously provided His Son as a sacrifice to pay the debt we owe for our sin. Only, by accepting that substitute can we have access to God’s grace and mercy. 

God be merifcul and gracious to us. He has been.... and abundantly so... simply in the way He demonstrated His love toward us. 

To create a positive day, I need to remember ‘my place’ and be grateful for God’s mercy and grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment