Monday, September 30, 2013

The Noisy Storm


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 92. Here is what I learned.


My eye looks upon those who lie in wait for me; my ears hear the evildoers that rise up against me. Psalm 92:11 (AMP)

When ·I [my eyes] looked, I saw my enemies; I heard the cries of those who ·are against me [rose against me with evil; [he sees and hears the defeat of his enemies]. Psalm 92:11 (EXB)

Where is my focus? Where am I looking? To what am I listening? What I focus on will have a direct impact on my thoughts, actions, attitude. Am I focusing on my enemies and what is happening to them and what they are trying to do to me? Am I listening to their banter and allowing what I hear to impact my faith and trust in God? 

As I read this verse I thought of Peter when the Lord invited him to walk on the water. Peter did fine...until he took his eyes off the Lord and listened to the storm. 

Peter said, “Lord, if it is really you, then ·command [tell] me to come to you on the water.”Jesus said, “Come.” And Peter left the boat and walked on the water ·to [and came toward] Jesus.  But when Peter saw the wind, he became ·afraid [terrified] and began to sink. He shouted, “Lord, save me!” Matthew 14:28-30 (EXB)

Just because there are those who would like to see me fail and have me doubt God, doesn’t mean I have to listen to them—let alone allow them to change my focus to from God to the noisy storm. Focus. Where am I directing my focus? Do I allow the noisy storm raging around me to distract me from God and His purpose? 

To create a positive day I must not be distracted by the noisy storm that my enemies create, rather, I need to remain focused on God and what He is doing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment